The National Media Museum is situated in the heart of Bradford, UNESCO City of Film. We aim to be the best museum in world for inspiring people to learn about, engage with and create media.
- The Museum is home to over 3.5 million items of historical significance. We look after the National Photography, National Cinematography and National Television Collections.
- Insight: Collections & Research Centre is where much of the Collection is held, to be explored and enjoyed by everybody.
- Traditional and interactive galleries located across seven floors of the Museum investigate and celebrate film, photography, television, animation and new media.
- Two gallery spaces display a changing programme of exhibitions which are inspired by our Collection.
- The UK's first IMAX theatre opened right here in Bradford. It continues to offer an exciting programme of 3D and blockbuster films for that essential, all-embracing viewing experience.
- The Museum houses two other cinemas which can accommodate a wide range of film formats. Our Pictureville and Cubby Broccoli cinemas host an impressive film programme, from cult classics to contemporary art house cinema.
- Pictureville cinema boasts the only permanent, regularly programmed Cinerama installation in Europe, a magnet for enthusiasts worldwide.
- A comprehensive programme of cultural and educational events and activities bring the Museum's subject matter to life for families, schools and adults alike.
The Media Café and Pictureville Bar serve up a mouth-watering selection of food and drink, while the Museum Shop stocks a wide range of media-related resources, gifts and souvenirs.
- For a venue with a difference, the Museum can provide the setting for a whole spectrum of events and corporate conferences.