Director, National Media Museum
Colin is responsible for leading the strategic development of the Museum; leading and managing the Senior Leadership Team; coordinating the Museum's activities and projects; representing the Museum externally and is a member of the NMSI executive group.
- 2004-Present: Director, National Media Museum
- 1997-2004: Head of BBC Yorkshire
- 1995-1997: Head of BBC North West
- 1993-1995: Editor, BBC Greater Manchester Radio
- 1989-1993: Producer, BBC (news, current affairs, political programmes, regional programmes)
- 1983-1989: Reporter, BBC (news, regional news, Breakfast News, Newsnight, Brass Tacks)
- 1981-1983: Journalist, BBC North East
- 1980-1981: BBC News Trainee
Other roles include Director, Bradford City of Film Ltd; board member, West Yorkshire Tourism Partnership; Trustee, Kraszna-Krausz Foundation; Chair, Yorkshire Film Archive; council member, Advertising Standards Authority; member of the Council of the University of York.