Specific plans and projects in pursuit of our objectives include:
- Plans to open a gallery in early 2012 about the history and impact of the internet.
- Plans to create a venue in London dedicated to media in partnership with the Science Museum (due to open in 2012 subject to fundraising).
- Plans for more gallery talks and tours and more live events in the Museum.
- Plans to take the Museum's content and expertise beyond its walls including further developments online, more touring exhibitions and more publishing ventures.
- Plans for a series of acquisitions to the Museum Collection including developing the National Videogames Archive and plans to acquire the archives and collections of leading media practitioners.
- A longer-term development plan for improving and extending our base in Bradford including new or refreshed galleries about film heritage, photography and other media subjects.
Please note: A portion of the national photography collection, including the RPS archive, will be moving to the V&A Museum in 2016. Click here for details.