Dissections Uncut (adv. 12A)
Please note that due to the subject matter of this talk, we are recommending that this event is suitable for ages 12+.
***Win Simon Watt’s new book***
For a chance to win a signed copy of Simon Watt’s brand new book The Ugly Animals - We Can’t all be Pandas, book your tickets for The Ugly Animal Roadshow or Dissections Uncut anytime between Friday 5 September and Wednesday 10 September.
On Channel 4′s Inside Nature’s Giants, scientists went under the skin of some massive animals to figure out what made them tick. Join presenter Simon Watt as we look at some of the fascinating science that didn't make the final cut. This lecture has appeared at the British, York, Edinburgh, Oxford and Newcastle Science Festivals as well as at many other events around the country.
Suitable for ages 12+
Simon is signing his book
Simon will also be signing copies of his new book, Ugly Animals – We Can’t all be Pandas between 14:00 and 15:00 on Saturday 13 September. The book aims to shine a light on some of the many ignored and unloved wonders of the animal kingdom. Their hideousness hides their incredible biology and means that we may not have noticed that they need our help. Copies of the book will be available to buy.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Bookings made via the web/phone/in person at Box Office between the Friday 5 September and the Wednesday 10 September will be automatically be entered into the prize draw.
- One entry per ticket purchase - the winner will be selected at random.
- UK residents only.
- Employees of the Science Museum Group and their families are not eligible to take part.
- The winner will be contacted via email. If a winner cannot be contacted an alternate winner may be selected.
- The winner will be announced on the National Media Museum’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- The prize will be delivered within 20 days of the winner being confirmed.
- The promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the prize draw at any time (and for any reason) without notice.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for damages, losses or liabilities of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages arising out of or in relation to the prize draw.