At the National Media Museum, in the heart of Bradford, we explore the science and culture of light and sound technologies and their impact on our lives, as we aim to inspire the scientists and engineers of the future.
Our galleries and exhibition spaces help us showcase world famous collections in photography, film and television. Our team of Explainers present learning activities which look into our collections and exhibitions in more depth. And our three cinema screens – including an IMAX theatre – allow us to showcase the best films from around the world in Bradford, the first UNESCO City of Film.
- Eight floors of traditional and interactive galleries investigate and celebrate the science and technology behind TV, film and photography.
- Two gallery spaces display a changing programme of exhibitions inspired by our Collection.
- The UK's first IMAX theatre opened right here in Bradford. It's the biggest screen in the region and offers an an exciting programme of 3D and blockbuster films for an unbeatable viewing experience.
- Our Pictureville and Cubby Broccoli cinemas host an impressive film programme, from cult classics to contemporary arthouse cinema.
- Cultural and educational events and activities bring the Museum's subject matter to life for families, schools and adults alike.
- Insight: Collections & Research Centre is where much of the Collection is held, to be explored and enjoyed by everybody.
The Media Café and Pictureville Bar serve up a mouth-watering selection of food and drink, while the Museum Shop stocks a wide range of gifts and souvenirs.
- For a venue with a difference, the Museum can provide the setting for a whole spectrum of events and corporate conferences.