Insight: Collections and Research Centre
There are FREE guided tours of the Collection at 13.00, Monday – Friday. However, places are limited so, to avoid disappointment, please book in advance by contacting the box office on 0844 856 3797.
For more information, please visit Collection Tours.
Research in Insight
You can make an appointment to access the National Collection for research or personal interest. Everyone is welcome.
- Climate-controlled store rooms tailored to the needs of the items within them: three print rooms housing over 3.2 million photographs and three stores containing thousands of items of equipment and apparatus.
- Our reference library housing an extensive collection of books, periodicals, journals and trade literature.
- Photographic and conservation studios.
- A suite of viewing and study rooms, including a purpose-built print viewing room where groups can view material they have personally selected from the Collection.
- Study prints by some of the world's greatest photographers or examine apparatus evidencing the history and development of photography, film, television and gaming.
- Undertake personal research, perhaps about your family or where you live, or bring in your own items to find out more about them.
- Access the Museum's holdings of specialist publications and journals, along with its information databases and other relevant documentation.
Appointments are available Wednesday to Friday 10.00–12.30 and 14.00–16.00.
Places are limited, so please give us as much notice as possible to avoid disappointment.
To make an appointment, please contact the Collections Access Assistant by email or in writing.
Collections Access Assistant
Address: National Media Museum, Bradford, BD1 1NQ