How we bring film to you
We are now in partnership with the Picturehouse national cinema group to bring you the best in film from around the world. This enterprise – Picturehouse at National Media Museum – sees Picturehouse Cinemas taking over the operation of the Museum’s three screens – Pictureville, described by Lord Puttnam as ‘The best cinema in the world’, Cubby Broccoli Cinema and Europe’s first IMAX screen.
This is fantastic for you and the Museum as it ensures the long-term sustainability of our cinemas here in Bradford, UNESCO's first City of Film. It also means that we can bring you more great films on the date of release, stream more live events, and invest in our technology and facilities to give an even better experience.
There's more on offer
Along with the latest blockbusters, Picturehouse Cinemas present a diverse selection of more unique films through their special strands, as well as screenings tailored to visitors' needs.
- Screen Arts: see live broadcasts of theatre, ballet, opera and concerts from some of the finest arts organisations in the world, including the Royal Shakespeare Company, Bolshoi Ballet, Met Opera and National Theatre
- Silver Screen: over-60s can join the Silver Screen Club for free. Members get discounted tickets and a free tea or coffee at these screenings
- Big Scream: exclusively for parents or carers with babies under the age of one
- Vintage Sundays: classic films back on the big screen where they belong
- Picturehouse Docs: fascinating feature documentaries from around the world
- Discover Tuesdays: go off the beaten track with arthouse and independent delights
- E4 Slackers Club: free screenings exclusively for students
- Audio described and subtitled screenings