Yorkshire Games Festival
9–13 November 2016, National Media Museum
We’re bringing the big names in videogames to the National Media Museum for a brand new five-day event, the Yorkshire Games Festival, from 9–13 November. With workshops, big-screen demos, and keynote talks from games designers, writers and developers, this is a chance to get insight into the industry like never before!
Yorkshire and the Humber is a huge player in the global games industry, with more than 9% of the UK games industry based in the region. The Yorkshire Games Festival is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the great games created here and welcome guests from across the UK and overseas.
Whether you’re new to the industry, studying games design or development, or just want to come and enjoy playing games, this is the festival for you!
9–11 November will be devoted to the gaming industry, with keynote talks and panel discussions featuring amazing guests from the local region and beyond. A fun-filled family weekend will follow on 12–13 November, with two days dedicated to hands-on excitement and lots of gaming for all ages.
The full programme will be announced in September. Speakers and events confirmed for the festival include:
- Rhianna Pratchett, writer, Tomb Raider
- Charles Cecil MBE, Revolution Software
- Gary Napper, Supermassive Games
- Live video interview with industry legend Warren Spector (Deus Ex, System Shock)
- Panels hosted by The Guardian’s Keith Stuart and Jordan Erica Webber
- An appearance by YouTube sensation Hannah Rutherford of The Yogscast
- Minecraft workshops
- Yorkshire games showcase, presenting the best from the region’s games developers and universities
See what's available to book now and follow @YorksGamesFest on Twitter for the latest updates.
In partnership with